- SIU Masters Baltimore Studio September 17, 2015
- TRB AUVSI Automated Vehicle Workshop 2015 September 17, 2015
- Bucky Dome Home Restoration Receives Awards August 23, 2015
- Sabin Chakradhar Henry Adams Award Winner August 23, 2015
- SIU 4th year architecture students working with Encitra 4D model April 24, 2015
- Assistant Prof McDonald spoke at APEC, Carbondale April 20, 2015
- Assistant Prof McDonald to speak at USI April 20, 2015
- Sabin Chakradhar April 20, 2015
- On-Line Masters Student work presented in Sweden February 15, 2015
- TRB/AUVSI “Envisioning Automated Vehicles within the Built Environment: 2020, 2035, 2050 workshop August 15, 2014
November 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Shannon Sanders McDonald, AIA
Professor McDonald in driverless google car
The research results from Ann Arbor MI built environment 2015 TRB/AUVSI automated vehicle workshop are posted:
Envisioning Automated Vehicles within the Built Environment: 2020, 2035 and 2050 Workshop for regulators, technologists, innovators, architects, planners, engineers, environmental and transportation professionals.
The restoration of the home of Buckminster Fuller in Carbondale, Il has recently received two awards: One from the City of Carbondale (Carbondale’s Historic Preservation Award) http://thesouthern.com/news/local/communities/carbondale/bucky-dome-receives-historic-preservation-award/article_f5578cb8-9eb4-59eb-b448-656fd70a58a6.html
and the other from Landmarks, Illinois (Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Preservation Award for Restoration) http://www.landmarks.org/
Sabin Chakradhar was awarded the Henry Adams Award for the top architecture masters student – congratulations Sabin!!
SIU 4th year architecture students working with Encitra 4D model
Phil Jordan is working with Christer Linstrom developing an Encitra model for Santa Cruz that the studio will use for final presentation
Assistant Prof McDonald gave a lunchtime presentation to APEC, Carbondale
Solar, Solar Everywhere
This program will discuss passive and active solar design from buildings to transportation and the new ideas about mobility, sustainability and resiliency.
Assistant Professor McDonald is an invited speaker at the Fall USI (Unmanned Systems Institute) 2015 conference in September.